Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Move!

Well we finally are getting a bit settled in Chicago. A cross country move with the baby was not an easy thing to accomplish, and I gave myself time away from this blog so that I could concentrate on getting both myself and little Victoria settled into our new environment.
Luckily I have a trooper of a child and between our trip to France and this move I have to say she can adapt to anything!

I finally have a kitchen which is an amazing feeling, after having had to cook everything in a microwave or order out for the past few months... I have been baking up a storm every change my little one gives me. Pound cake, crepes, honey cupcakes, oatmeal cookies have all been on the list in the past week, and also of course yummy treats for Victoria, sweet potatoes, acorn squash, avocado puree... right now she is in love with this exotic fruit called a Kiwano.

I was part of the FRIENDS swap, luckily both me and my partner were moving so we agreed to take a little longer to accomplish it and it's finally ready, phew. I hope she likes everything I put in there.

I'm about to start knitting for the winter here, lots of pants and scarves I think. I'm joining a few knitting groups in the area, so helpfully they can help me hone my skills, because so far I'm not great at learning hard tricks like changing colors in mid row, or other such things.

So, I'm hoping I will be writing here again regularly, for the next few months until we are settled it might be more of a life blog than a craft blog and I hope you will put up with me during that time.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Glad to see you back! Can't wait to see pics of the newest knitting tricks you learn.

    ReplyDelete