Thursday, June 14, 2012

Hearty Strawberry/Peach Muffins

I was trying to come up with a somewhat healthy but fun breakfast item to send off with my friends who are going camping this week. I was fully planning on going with them but decided at the last minute that I simply couldn't add one more commitment to my over flowing agenda.
I certainly hope that I will be able to participate in another bout of camping once I am not on a deadline for an art show, but for now a tiny bit of baking to send off to the woods was all I could manage.

Here is the recipe:

Strawberry/Peach Muffins
Makes 12 muffins

10 tablespoons butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 banana (as egg substitute, one of the families cannot eat eggs)
2 containers of peach flavored yogurt (about 1 1/4 cup)
3 cups flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup or more (I always add a lot more berries than called for in recipes) of fresh strawberries. The ones I used in this recipe were "Fraises des Bois" from my local farmer's market, and they are delicious! Tart yet still sweet, they complimented the banana and peach flavor of these muffins really well.

These are really easy to customize to your liking... with blueberries or raspberries instead of strawberries, vanilla or greek yogurt instead of peach, etc, etc... Hope you enjoy!


PS: I was about to take some pictures this morning before sending the muffins off, but completely forgot! Next time I make these again I will be sure to snap some pictures and add them to this post.



No comments:

Post a Comment