Monday, May 28, 2012

Another new friend...? Really?!

I have always been known amongst my friends as the pet lover... the one who has had a "zoo" most of her life. Not only have I had my dog Lucy, for the last 10 years, but I have had cats, flying squirrels, rats, hedgehogs and all sorts of other animals including snakes in that time as well.
When I got pregnant with Victoria I told myself that I should probably keep to having Lucy since Victoria would be a lot of work in itself. However it seems that she and I share the same love of animals, and that people can see that... And so we are building our zoo again.

Last week a young man was walking down the street with a huge puppy, we stopped to pet him and compliment him, and next thing I knew he was asking me if I wanted to keep the dog as he was trying to find a new home for him. (It is a HUGE dog). This was pretty much the way in which I was given Lucy 10 years ago when she became a part of my life, so I decided to give this puppy a week-end try-out knowing it wouldn't be hard to find this gorgeous guy a home if things did not work out... well the week-end was not even ended before I had fallen in love with this little (giant) guy.
He is very similar to how Lucy was when I first got her, at only 5 months he is mostly potty trained, placid when it's inside time and goofy when it's time to go for a walk and play. He lets Victoria pull on his ears and sit on him, they both roll on the floor while she laughs hysterically, and really... I can't give him up. He is also great with the cat and absolutely loves trying to box with him which is hilarious to watch.

So now not only do we have a new cat, Edgar... but we also have this new puppy whose name I believe will be Wyatt (since it's the only one he has responded to so far). And of course Lucy, my sweet old lady.

Here is our new pup:




We are very lucky to have been gifted such a sweet and precious pup. Look at those eyes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment