Saturday, May 5, 2012

Baby's First Sushi!


We are very lucky to have a diverse community of friends around us. 
Last week-end Victoria experienced her first sushi thanks to her friend Mika’s family, whose dad is Japanese and prepared the entire meal for us.

Victoria tasted seaweed salad, which I adore and she did not. She was at first not too sure about Miso soup either, but then decided she would finish the entire bowl. After those we had sashimi and sushi rice. The sushi rice might have very well been the best I have ever tasted, and the fish selection was perfect. Victoria loved the salmon and the fatty tuna, but left the other fish for me.
She discovered salmon roe rolls as well and proceeded to eat the little eggs one by one. After her first roll of roe, she pointed to the others on the table, signed more and promptly ate the second roll I handed her.
It seems that I’ll have to get sushi as a treat more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment