Monday, May 21, 2012

Sweetheart Dress-My version!

I saw a post from luvinthemommyhood quite a while ago showing how she made an absolutely adorable dress with a heart cut out in the back. I was inspired to make my own and here it is, finally!
I made the dress a bit differently with pleats in the front and back instead of being ruffled, and with a big ruffle at the bottom that is asymmetrical on one side.
Of course my model was not exactly cooperating, so here are a few pictures to give you an idea!
The shoes are the only ones she will wear! Straight from the runway of course.

A good view of the back and the back pleats

She got happy because a dog was walking by.

A better view of the back and the bottom asymmetrical ruffle

Trying for the pretty in the garden shot, but she was not having it so this is the only one we could take before she left. Models!
I'm already working on version 2.0 and I'm really excited about the dress. That heart back is just the cutest thing to me and Victoria likes the dress, she even wore it while bouncing and it wasn't in her way and stood up great to rough play!

No comments:

Post a Comment